Forgotten Realms: Empire of Ashes
Signature Gear costs 1 point per $10,000 (or fraction thereof). Total the cost of all Signature Gear, round up to the nearest $10,000, and pay once. This will allow the purchase of powerful custom (and probably magical) items — all of which are, of course, subject to GM veto. For instance:
- A very fine, balanced thrusting broadsword ($14,400) costs 2 points, with room to spare for Accuracy 1 or Puissance 1 enchantment ($5,000) or other enchantments.
- A fine, balanced, adamantine dwarven greataxe ($3,700) costs 1 point, with room to spare for Accuracy 1 or Puissance 1 enchantment ($5,000) or other enchantments.
- Adding both Accuracy 1 and Puissance 1 enchantments ($5,000 apiece) adds just 1 point to the cost of any melee weapon; Accuracy 2 or Puissance 2 ($20,000 apiece) add 2 points each.
- Adding any one of Flaming ($15,400), Icy ($17,000), or Lightning ($15,300) to a melee weapon adds no more than 2 points to the cost.
- A magic staff (B240 or Magic, p. 13; $50) set with a 20-point powerstone ($7,350) costs a mere 1 point; adding the Shatterproof enchantment ($8,000) and increasing the powerstone to 25 points increases cost to 2 points.
- A powerstone (Magic, p. 20) with capacity of 20 ($7,350) costs 1 point;
capacity of 30 ($18,500) is 2 points;
capacity of 35 ($27,000) is 3 points;
capacity of 40 ($38,000) is 4 points;
capacity of 50 ($69,500) is 7 points.
Return to Character Creation.